Like This on Facebook!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year- A New Me

As I was typing this title, I wondered how many other blog posts in all the world were entitled exactly the same or something very similar. The odds are a large majority considering all the uncreative people out there. Apparently, today I fit into that category. Whatever.

Well, we all made it into 08. Hopefully happily and with no regrets. It was an out and out delightful day. I had to work earlier in the day- so I got to work around 9, wore my brand new 3+" shiny pewter pumps (even was able to teeter out to grab a latte and work on perfecting my strut-believe me I need all the practice I can get in heels) enjoyed my co-workers thoroughly, and we all left around 1:30 or so. I headed to the mall along with the ENTIRE PLANET. It was quite the adventure getting into and out of a parking space there. LOTS of people. I headed to a new store I hadn't been to before, Torrid (for sizes 12-24) and they have really fun stuff! I bought myself some party-wear! I bought a black sequined halter top! And some sparkly earrings. It was a good decision. 

I enjoyed New Year's Eve with my friends Cindy and Tom, and all their friends at a party. I haven't been out since my surgery- shit I haven't been out in a friggin' year! I wore the new items, a pair of jeans, and my new black platform slingback pumps. I was a lil hottie! I looked really good and I felt really good. Sadly there were no cute boys at the party to flirt with, but no matter- I felt good and I felt comfortable in my skin. WHAT A JOY that was. SO relaxing.

I had my first drinks since banding last night. I wasn't mixing, so I don't know how much liquor was in them, but I never seemed to achieve buzz. I have to steer clear of carbonation- which was tricky considering all the drinks made with fuzzy liquids. I ended up with sex on the beach- which was tasty. I wanted to try a flaming Dr. Pepper- but apparently you have to chug that. And it's made with beer- not so band-friendly on many levels. So I did a shared one with Cindy. I lit it, dropped the shot glass in the beer, took the first two drinks, then gave the remainder to Cindy. It was indeed flavored like Dr. Pepper- not unpleasant. The bubbles were an interesting sensation- I didn't experience any pain- but I did have to stand still and wait for the bubbles to work their way out. The burper works differently now- it's hard to explain- but I can't just burp- I have to wait until the band says it's ok. And it's the boss now.

We ended up getting back to C & T's  around 3:30 a.m. or so. I decided to go back to the apartment. I don't know what it is, but I don't like staying there. Maybe I just needed some time by myself. I just like to sleep in my own bed with my kitty. I got home around 4 or so. I had a great time.

Today I woke up around 10:45 or so. Had a shower, headed out and got coffee and cat litter (weird combo, I know- but the catbox asked to be cleaned). I came back and proceeded to clean the shit out of this place. I don't have the vacuum cleaner here- so it isn't super clean, but I really de-cluttered. I threw out like 4 bags of trash and shoes and old magazines, cleaned out the fridge, etc. It feels good.

Husband is at the house in Silverdale- I am really enjoying my alone time. 

Yesterday morning, I attained a new NSV (non-scale victory) I ran a half-mile during my morning workout. I am really proud of my accomplishment. I am also very sore! Between the running and all the heels I wore yesterday- the legs and hips are cranky. 

Previously I mentioned my new heels- I went out and binge-purchased 5 pair of new high heels. It was one of my personal goals to be able to wear heels regularly without them hurting me so much I couldn't walk afterward. I had achieved that for the most part. I am happy that my weight will only go one direction- so they can only get more comfortable. I am really enjoying being fashionable, feeling feminine and TALL! I towered over most of the men at the party last night. It was fun. I was Hot-Zilla. 

Among my other purchases was a new George Foreman grill. Since we are at the apt most of the time, I am unable to grill. So I decided to do it. The sucker cost me $85, but it's the fancy version with the temp control, and timer with digital readout. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to give it a go this week.

I have my second fill tomorrow morning at 8. I hope I get closer to the sweet spot. I have noticed I am feeling more hungry between meals- that the small portions aren't quite cutting it like they were 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it's because of muscle relaxation, visceral fat loss on my organs, or something else. I am really hoping they get me where I need to be tomorrow. I have a third fill scheduled in one week too, so it won't be much longer before we get it right.

C & T were really impressed at my weight loss and how I look. That felt good. They were shocked that I had done this, but they were certainly supportive. 

Well, that's all I have for now. I have to go get the husband in Silverdale. I wish he would just come over here but it's not really cost-effective. (I guess)

Here's to a thinner new year!
jh


No comments: