Like This on Facebook!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Navigating Away From Old Behaviors

I am two days out from my third fill. I am grateful for this since I am only getting about 2 hours of fullness out of each meal. This makes things difficult- staying on track- not eating that chocolate at work, not going crazy and buying a venti raspberry mocha with extra whip. I haven't gone off the deep end yet. I have been able to keep things under control for the most part.

Saturday was a challenging day. I had two dippin' eggs and one piece of toast. Apparently, after some research and experiencing it for myself firsthand- some bandsters have issues with eggs. But I didn't really have an issue with the eggs- I don't think so at least. But the toast was another story. I think maybe I could do it if I toasted it twice and ate only half. The full piece was either too much, or too bread-like for my stomach's liking. I didn't feel good after eating that. 

I then had a tall skinny mocha from sbux. They decided to shake things up a bit and have you order anything that is a sugar-free, nonfat as a "skinny". Apparently they also have a sugar-free mocha syrup and have for quite sometime. So I gave it a whirl. It was ok. Not super great. But nice to have something chocolatey. I really miss the toffee-nut lattes. I wish they would make a sugar-free version of that. It's delightful. Anyway- had my skinny mocha, and went shopping at Old Navy. I needed some new tshirts and sweaters. All my black t's are stained or shot to hell or too big. So I got a short sleeve, long sleeve, two ribbed-knt turtlenecks in black and one in burgundy, and a pink sweater that's too big for me, but it was on super-sale and I always want a BIG sweater when I'm cold. Anyway- it was a pleasing shopping experience. I swung by Kohls for the first time too (the first time in Silverdale- I have been in a Kohls before). I didn't find anything I really wanted there. They have nice things, but I think I ran out of energy to try things on, etc. 

Came back home and was extremely hungry. I threw together some wild rice, onions, garlic and chicken stock in a pan and simmered it. After the rice was done, I added chopped broccoli and some chopped chicken feta & spinach sausages. Let it cook together a while. It was really good. I ate some of that, and felt like I wanted dessert. (which is unusual for being banded- you don't typically want to eat ANYTHING after your meals) So I had two scoops of low-carb peppermint icecream with some whipped cream and crumbled a piece of leftover homemade fudge on top. It was divine. Not so much with the weight-loss friendly, but divine anyway. After sitting for a while and letting my food settle, I went out for a walk/run. I ran .6 miles this time and turned around. It started raining like CRAZY as I was headed back, so I went as fast as I could. Even though I have a waterproof jacket, it was COLD!

Later in the evening, I was sitting doing some beading and watching tv and I started to get snacky. I ate roasted pistachios, then after half an hour, I drank some crystal light, then I had some air-popped popcorn, then more icecream- but halfway through it- I realized I was actually HUNGRY- not snacky. So I dumped the rest of the icecream and made myself some chili (half a can) with one cut-up hot dog. It was good. Spicy, but good. 

Much later in the evening, I got snacky again and headed for the gingersnaps in the pantry. I was definitely doing mindless eating. I realized it and went to bed. I wasn't doing myself any good by staying awake.

I actually THREW AWAY a black tshirt today. I NEVER do that. I ADORE MY BLACK T-SHIRTS! I still feel all guilty about it. I must have a weird clothing attachment. It ought to be interesting when I have to toss out all my fat clothes and start fresh. It will either be fun, or really hard. I am betting on fun.

I went for a SUPER long walk tonight. After a fight with the husband over taking 2 cars to the apartment, and having a nice drive alone with Ani & John Mayer, I needed to get the heck out of here and bust my buns. (plus I didn't want to be here when husband got back over here) I took my typical walking route and ran maybe 1 or 2 blocks more than last time I ran there. I took a breather and ran a few more blocks, but I could feel my legs starting to cramp up and I went ahead and stopped running. Then I decided to turn my music off and just walk quietly and talk to myself about my marriage and my feelings and the things I want. I have been to enough therapists to be able to guide myself through some examinations of my feelings and needs. It worked pretty well. I still feel like I need to write out what I came up with for easy recall, but it was good anyway. As I did some "therapy", I continued to walk reverse of my route and then wound my way around some other lower streets. It was good and I am tired. I forgot to set my stopwatch when I started out, so I don't really know how long I was out. Doesn't really matter- just as long as I get my workouts in.

Before my workout tonight, I had a few pieces of turkey meatloaf, a few bites of the rice & broccoli, and a piece of dark chocolate. I am enjoying some decaf chai now and I think I may have one more piece of dark chocolate before I head to bed.

That's all I have now. Mind empty.

xo
jen

No comments: