Like This on Facebook!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Don't just stand there, bust a move

My latest fill on the 16th has plopped me right into the green zone, I do believe. Very satisfied with small portions, so satisfied I forget to eat from time to time. I have been doing pretty well with choosing band-friendly food. Except for one surprise: On Thursday night, I was heading out the door on the way to pick up a friend to head to IKEA. I was eating a quick little dinner of lemon pepper fish filet, and a few spoonfuls of fruit cocktail. The fish went fine, the cocktail got stuck in a major way. I was astounded that canned pears, peaches and pineapple would get stuck. I ended up having to yack that back up, and then I was good to go. I like how when I do PB, I don't feel ill afterward. It's just like coughing or sneezing, then you feel fine again. 

I have been exercising regularly as usual. Haven't been running because it's SO cold outside. If I do go out to walk, it's only now and then and I don't run because my lungs always feel funny after running when it's really cold. I've been hitting the stationary bike instead. 

Today I have hit a milestone. I am down 50 pounds. I got banded on 15, November of 07. I am astounded at how well this is working, how good I feel, and how grateful I am to have been able to do this for myself. It's such a gift.

I'm heading out in a few minutes to go dancing with some friends! I can't wait! I haven't been dancing in SO long!

More later! Long live the band!

xo
Jen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the post, it DID make me bust a move. I went for a big long walk with my dog and we both LOVED it. Up with Vitamin D!