Like This on Facebook!

Thursday, January 3, 2008

My First Stuck Food Fun

Since I had my second fill yesterday, the flow of my food and drink has been fairly uneventful. Tonight, after working late, and arriving home. I got dressed to go out and workout, but I wanted to get some protein in beforehand. I took out a thin slice of ham, put some dijon mustard on it, and rolled it up. I was eating quickly because I wanted to get out the door and I swallowed too much, too soon. It all piled up in my esophagus and just sat there like a lump. I felt like maybe I could get it to go down if I drank something- so I had a few drinks of milk. When that didn't work, I carefully cleared out the sink, and turned on the water. I had to work on it a little, but it came up pretty easy. It was a bizarre sensation- throwing up without being nauseous. I had no urge to throw up other than the urge to get the ham up. It was very uncomfortable and ached. 

After I felt like I was done- it still felt like there was a little sitting there. I had just gotten off the phone from making dinner reservations, but started to feel like I wasn't going to be able to enjoy dinner tonight. I called and cancelled. I made some hot tea and tried to relax. 

I felt better and we went and got some dinner at a seafood place down in Ballard. We had the halibut fish & chips. It was ok. The prices were high and I would have enjoyed a bowl of crab bisque for $9 much more than some fried fish and french fries. I ended up being able to eat one fish filet, and a few fries. Then I needed to stop. The stomach is a little cranky now, but I should be ok. 

It gives me hope that I am getting closer to my sweet spot. I go back next Wednesday for my thrid fill. I need to really make an effort to pay attention to what and when I am eating, and when I stop eating. I think I should write it all down to make sure I am paying attention. 

Today I had some oatmeal at 9, started to feel hungry-ish at 10:30 or so. Went and got a latte, and was good until 1:00 when I realized I was really hungry- but had to head to a meeting. I took with me half a banana, and a piece of string cheese. After the meeting I ate my few ounces of turkey meatloaf and felt better. At 4:00 I had a piece of dark chocolate, and left work at 5:30. Caught the bus about 20 minutes after that- and drank my little 8 oz V8, and ate another piece of cheese. I definitely needed to eat sooner than I did for lunch. I got too hungry- then I felt like I needed to eat more. 

I am feeling guilty about not working out today at all, but I know I will be ok. I am coming down with a cold and feeling kinda blah today. Heading to bed now I think.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want pictures! More pictures!

zocks