Like This on Facebook!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Day Back At Work

Today was my first day back at work after having the band installed. My coworkers all know why I was gone and what I had done. They were all very cool and welcoming. They had questions about how I was feeling, they all said I looked great (I was wearing pants that I haven't been able to wear in a long time!) and I felt like they sincerely missed me! It's nice to be valued and missed.

As far as eating goes today, I did very well. I had some cream of wheat before I went to work. I was going to have a banana too, but it turns out I didn't have room for it. I hopped the bus and got off a stop early like I did the week before my surgery-no sense in stopping doing that! So I walked to Starbucks and got my iced venti no-room americano with a dot of nonfat milk in it. Then headed to work. I sipped on my coffee for several hours. 

After I finished it, I made a few batches of crystal light in my cup and drank those. The single-bottle serving packs are really convenient and make it easy for you to get all your waters in for the day.

At 11 or so, I needed to get out and walk a little and take a break. I walked around several blocks downtown, looking at the christmas decorations and people-watching. Then I decided that I needed at least 1 serving of milk today- so I hit the little italian espresso place and picked up a sugar-free vanilla nonfat latte.  I liked that the barista was actually italian and had a thick accent. It allowed me to have the briefest daydream that I was in italy! Very nice!

So I went back to work, ate the other half of my dinner from last night- chicken salad wrap from Arby's (won't do that one again- Arby's has NO decent healthy food available!). After my hour lapsed, I started my crystal light regimine again. 

Finished work, took a very swift walk to the bus. It's mostly uphill 7 blocks. It's a good little workout. I had some Madonna cranked and stomped up those hills to the beat. It went really fast. After standing for 30 minutes my express bus finally arrived.

I got home, changed into my workout clothes and went out walking. It was dark already of course, but not too cold. Cold enough to see my breath, but as long as I kept moving I didn't get cold. I enjoyed this evening's walk because I was really motivated by my good day, my good weightloss results, and how strong I felt. All those miles I put on in Montana everyday really paid off. I just felt really strong and healthy and capable of pushing myself physically. I busted my ass on my walk and really paid attention to my strides, and posture. 

I also really enjoyed the holiday decorations people had out. The neighborhood to the west is fairly well-to-do, and they have some REALLY cute decorations out. I like that people put so much effort into them. I think it's neat.

I walked until I felt like I had done enough and was walking back home when the jostling of my belly from all the walking downhill made me place my hand on my belly to steady things-as I often do now. Upsettingly- I could feel my band moving around in there- it felt like it was catching on something over and over- it was an unpleasant painful clicking feeling. Same with the port area. Needless to say, I slowed down immediately. 

I think I have to remember that I am not even 2 full weeks out from surgery- I need to remember to take it easy. I know that I have been really pushing myself during my recovery, and that it's good for me over all. But I need to be mindful that I am still healing and I might need to slow it down just a little until things are all seated and healed up.

I came back home, ate the 2nd half of a dinner I had a few days ago with the in-laws at a BBQ place in Montana. I had 2 St. Louis ribs, a few green beans, 1/2 a corn muffin, and 2 halves of a canned pear. Stopped just right. I might have veered off course of the mushy diet. It's been tough.

I then went to the store to pick up some much needed items. It was a challenge to find protein that would be easy to prepare on weeknights. I will have to do some cooking or planning during the weekends to make this work. I go fully to solid foods and produce on Thursday! I have salmon and whitefish and chicken tenderloins. And herb salad mix! I haven't had a good salad in weeks!

Oh- one other development- I called and scheduled my first fill today! December 13! I can't wait to see how it feels! I hope I hit the sweet spot in just a few fills!

No comments: