Like This on Facebook!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Extraordinary Machine

My body/mind/inner gremlins want/need something today. They are making plans to attack my fortress of "Good Healthy Eating and Active Lifestyle". I just drank 8 oz. of hot chocolate-a bandster no-no. Shit. I better do something.

Taking a quick inventory of myself I see that the shelves labeled "enough sleep", "creatively fulfilled", and "having fun" are almost bare.

Let's check these gauges over here; Coffee levels are at about halfway to sufficient for normal functioning. Food and satiety levels have risen significantly since I put oatmeal in my tummy. (When I began this post-I was shoveling oatmeal in my face and thinking god, I will NOT be able to make it through the day without some chocolate.) And... Oh-yeah the red light just went out on the Binge Alert monitor.

Phew. The gremlins are retreating into the shadows- still lurking, but at bay for the time being.

Must remember to take my meds on time, take my breaks, stay hydrated, and track my calorie intake. Will report back as newest developments occur.

xo-j

p.s. goddamned weight is STILL stuck in the same place. I expected at least an lb to budge! Grrrrr....

1 comment:

Evan's Mom said...

Darling. Stop obsessing about the scale. Throw it out the window, in fact. Do you FEEL better? Do you feel sexier and more saner? Do you feel more in control? You are taking care of your mind and your body. The scale does not measure that. So, fuck it. Do what's right for you, because it is right for you.

Damn, I give good advice. Good thing no one's watching to see me not take it.

xo
vm